Monday 11 May 2015

Sunday, Sunday, Monday, Monday.......................

"The things that we love tell us what we are."
                                                          Thomas Aquinas




Well found a great way to spend a large chunk of my weekend.  I wouldn't normally do this but I spent 
nearly 10 hours watching Lord of the Rings from start to finish, probably longer because I fell asleep in some bits and had to rewind. And that was without alcohol. Don't worry not even I could do it in one sitting. I had watched the last two Hobbit movies in the week so thought I would finally see if I could stay awake to finis the whole ting off. Previously I've attempted to watch these films as my offspring set themselves on a course to traverse the land of Middle Earth.

Had a good breakfast on Sunday so thought I'd share it with you or at least the recipe.

Scrambled Eggs on Toast with Cherry Tomatoes, Ham & Mushrooms.

The toast is toasted then cut into bite sized squares. Remember this trick for invalids like me lying on me sofa or just lazy people who spend their time attached to a fork in from of the TV.
Pile the scrambled egg on the toast that you put back together and place on the tomatoes, ham and sliced mushrooms that you have sauteed in a little oil and butter.

Brown sauce hits the spot on this. Oh and a builders brew!






A man goes to the doctor and says: 'Doctor, there's a piece of lettuce sticking out of my bottom.' The doctor asks him to drop his trousers and examines him.
The man asks: 'Is it serious, doctor?' and the doctor replies: 'I'm sorry to tell you, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.' 




                                                         Boring Fact for Monday



Mikey from the Goonies is also Samwise from Lord of the Rings
Same guy Sean Astin.

He's put some weight on but haven't we all.














No comments:

Post a Comment