Sunday 10 May 2015

Day Out.......

“If the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever”
                                            Thomas Aquinas


Had a day out at the hospital yesterday. Bandage changed and no need for the whole ankle bandage and padding. Wound still looks ugly though but had it cleaned up and redressed. The nurse was all very nice about it and the surgeon did his bit cleaning it up but it's another week of taking it easy.


Toes straightened out and looking great!
 I won't show you the picture before the dressing was put on its still a bit gory.





You know the worst thing about this operation was not the pain it's now the hanging around. The waiting to get healed. I can do probably half a dozen things lying on the sofa but after being so active normally it's a real trial. So my advice just fill up all your time as much as you can doing all the things you're capable of. Don't be one of those people who only stay in port.


I like to cook but can't risk it when I'm so close to getting back on my feet full time. So no recipe today although we had some nice lamb & pepper kebabs for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment