Wednesday 6 May 2015

Shoe for Salmon......"

Best Wedgie........Almost Platform Shoe of the 70's


Look at my wedgie to keep the weight off the front of my foot. Looks quite smart if not fashionable.





Here's my mummified foot all wrapped up.

Well woke up with the joys of spring. The sun streaming in  through the windows. Well at least until about 8 o'clock.
It was great getting to bake something yesterday. Didn't know how much I missed cooking. So today having written a load of recipes for the July page in University Business on the theme of healthy food I am doing salmon for dinner. Not too long on the feet with this easy recipe. Chopped up the salmon and put it into a marinade of coriander and lime to be grilled before placing on a bowl of salad.

Coriander & Lime Salmon Salad

For 2 Persons

220g Salmon
100ml Olive Oil
15ml Lime Juice
3 sprigs Coriander
Pinch Sugar
Salt & Pepper
Mixed Salad Leaves
1 Beetroot, diced
1 Red Onion, diced
10 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
1 Potato, diced
Mix up the olive oil,lime juice, coriander, salt & pepper. Dice the salmon and place in the marinade and refrigerate for an hour.
Boil the potatoes then drain when tender and pan fry.
Assemble the salad items in bowls and spoon on some vinaigrette. I used a grain mustard one I had.
Drain the salmon, heat up a frying pan or griddle with a little brush of oil and cook the salmon, sprinkle with a teaspoon of sugar and a little of the marinade to finish.
Top the salad with potato and the salmon.
 

It was yummy and had a piece of chocolate cake from yesterday to round it off. Had a productive day.got to psyche myself up to go and vote tomorrow. It'll be like a day out...........think I must be getting agoraphobic!


No comments:

Post a Comment