Thursday 14 May 2015

Friday-Eve

To bear with patience wrongs done to oneself is a mark of perfection, but to bear with patience wrongs done to someone else is a mark of imperfection and even of actual sin.
Thomas Aquinas

 Thursday always a good I think because it's nearly Friday but then we have to work some weekends in catering so who cares. Everyday is a bonus. 



One of the effects of a bunion apart from pain, a growth on the joint of the big toe is a progressive forcing of the big toe against the next to and that in turn towards the next toe.

For me the worse thing was my toe turning and pointing west. Having seen the affect on my father's feet he had two and knowing these things only get worse I decided to get it sorted out. In effect this should extend my working life or what the modernists refer to as quality of life. I just wanted to get my shoes on. As I am not female I take no delight whatsoever in buying shoes. I like nice shoes but have to say the best shoes I ever had for longevity were my all leather brogues. I'd still be wearing them now but for the fact my feet expanded from an F width (very narrow) to G (normal in most shops) to H. Wonder if I'll get back to G when all the swelling has subsided. 




How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh? 
Ten tickles.






We had a chicken salad for dinner last night but I've a simple recipe you can try using turkey.



Lemon Turkey Steak Salad


Serves 4                                                                              

4  Turkey Steaks 175g
1 Iceberg Lettuce
1 pk Mixed Salad Leaves
50g Sesame Seeds
300ml Olive Oil
¼ Bottle Lemon Juice
300g Honey
8 Cherry Tomatoes
½ bch Spring Onions
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard

First of all prepare a dressing by mixing together the Olive Oil, Dijon Mustard and lemon juice. You may not need all the honey so add it gradually and to you own taste so that it is not too sweet. Season with a little salt and pepper and leave to one side to until ready to put on the salad.
Rip up the lettuce leaves and combine in a large bowl. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and chop the spring onions finely. Mix the dressing into the salad leaves and divide between four small salad bowls.

Brush the turkey steaks with a little of the dressing and grill or barbecue.

Remove from heat when cooked and place on a cutting board. Carve into slices with a sharp knife.
Arrange the pieces evenly between the salad bowls then decorate with tomatoes and spring onions. Lastly sprinkle with sesame seeds, which may be toasted if desired.


 

2 comments:

  1. What happened to suffering in silence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to get some new shoes now pop you can no longer blame you bad footware fashion on your sticky out toe, the world is your oyster! The salad sounds good however Im not sure I have much of an appetite after reading the first section of your blog! Roberto

    ReplyDelete